February 9, 2021 in CUSTOMER ADVISORY
Customer Advisory: Ports Situation in China
As Lunar New Year nears, the Chinese ports of Shanghai, Nanjing, Ningbo, Dalian, Fuzhou, Xiamen, Tianjin, and Yantian have reported several worsening conditions as below:
Yantian – Severe Port Congestion
- Full container storage time has been extended to 9.5 days due to slow container unloading at destinations.
- Containers waiting for full return are stuck on the roads, resulting in severe traffic jams and truck capability shortages.
- Yantian Terminal has limited the laden container gate-in to 3 days before vessel departure schedule; no early return is allowed before Feb 12, 2021.
- APLL is working with respective customers and carriers to reschedule the terminal deliveries impacted by the above mentioned arrangement.
Shanghai, Nanjing, Ningbo, Dalian, Tianjin – Vessel Delays
- Most vessels will delay departures for up to 1 to 2 weeks due to several factors such as equipment shortages, labor shortages, etc.
- For Shanghai and Ningbo, terminals open date will also delay based on actual vessel schedule.
Fuzhou, Xiamen – Vessel Delays and Shortages of Empty Containers
We will continue to provide visibility to the situation and work closely with customers to minimize impact. If you have questions or attention items, please contact your VG电子比分手机版电脑版 Account Manager or local VG电子比分手机版电脑版 office.
Click here to download the advisory
VG电子比分手机版电脑版 is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The VG电子比分手机版电脑版 group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. VG电子比分手机版电脑版 Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with us on LinkedIn , Instagram , and YouTube .